MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza question

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dennis

If Vidaza seems to be working, do they continue it on the same schedule indefinately, or do they stop at some point?

Thanks

D

eve

my dad has been on it for 2 years – they have changed the dosage and vary the time in between treatment depending on blood counts

eve

Terri

Bob was on it for six months seemed all well, Taken off for 7 months, counts and blast started going back, restarted about a year ago and still on it. Doc feels it is maintaining him where he is. He did spread it apart but that didn’t do well either so we are back on the original time frame on one week off three, (28 day cycle)
    Dose not changed

sdrake

My dad has been on Vidaza since February of this year. They have reduced the dose a couple of times and waited 5-6 weeks between doses when his wbc has gotten too low. It is my understanding that as long as it benefits the patient the treatments continue.

sdrake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert