MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

WBC going up and down

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board WBC going up and down

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fotis
    Participant

Hi everyone.

After this month’s visit to the doctor, we found out that mom’s WBC is about 9.5. In the begining, about a year ago, WBC was around 2.1. Then around november went to 6.5-7.0 (normal range), and each month it may go a bit up or down. 2 months ago was 8.0, then went to 5.5, this month jumped to 9.5. As this is near the upper limit, we are starting to get worried. Has anyone experianced anything similar? is this a bad sign for sure (meaning we go to AML – even without blasts??) , or all this may be just this season’s high allergies, viruses, etc? Although she only coughs a bit more then normal and has some itching on her hands.

Thanks in advance for your answers all.

Terri

Bobs whites are always high, But the Doctor looks at the Granulocyte count as well and he states he would be more concerned if the Grans started to Plummet. This weeks Bobs whites were in the 30’s

Bkwits

Hi Fotis,
    Joe’s blasts were routinely higher than the normal range because he had CMML, but they went even higher to the 70’s and 80’s when he was in the hospital. The hemo/doc said that didn’t necessarily mean that he had transformed to AML. Joe did not have a high blast count at the last check.

Bkwits

Oh boy, did I goof. I meant to say “Joe’s WBCs were routinely higher than normal, sometimes going as high as 75 to 80s.” My thinking was ahead of my typing. Sorry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert