MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

What a day

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board What a day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeanswear

Mom is getting close to meeting her maker. Sister called me at 11am today to say that mom wasn’t doing well and was asking for all to come to the hospital. By the time I got there from the office, she was way out of it but was happy to see her son. We had about 20 people there from 11am to about 11pm to spend time with us and to say goodbye to one of strongest, most powerful and most loved women I will ever have the profound pleasure of meeting. The priest even said that the amount of people there was a beautiful display of the kind of woman my mom is/was. She is now in the final hours of her voyage on this earth and will shortly be reunited with my grandmother. I have mixed feelings as anyone would because I dont wan’t her to leave but I also dont want her suffering anymore. Sitting here in tears. Said my goodbyes to her tonite before I left the hospital and her breathing was definitely troubled. I am sure she won’t last the weekend. This is a woman that had MDS for 10 yrs and was diagnosed with AML on Tuesday. My sister and I agreed to no more chemo, she suffered enough. My beautiful wonderful loving mother is leaving us. God bless her. God certainly blessed me.

sugarwhale

Dear Ben (It IS Ben, isn’t it?),
    I am so very sorry that your mom is not doing well, and I’m sorry for you and for all the people who love her and care about her. I’m sitting here thinking of how I would feel if it were MY mother. I don’t know what to say, Ben. I feel so bad for you. No matter what happens, I hope you’ll stay with us here at the Forum. Please know that I am thinking of you and of your mom.
    ~~~ Janet

diner

What a wonderful mom you have. I’m so sorry the treatments didn’t work for her. She has gone on a long time with MDS. I also have a great mom who isn’t well and I will be faced with what you are right now. You and your family are in my prayers. Dee

Jerry

It is comforting to see that you were a happy and loving family. Debbie’s and my prayers go out to ALL of you.

Jerry

karenkay

my prayers are with you. I have understanding for your feelings as my dad just passed away on the 30th of Dec. from AML transformation. My heart goes out to all of you, I hope you find comfort in your love for each other.
    God bless,
    karenk

CarolineG

Ben,

I know EXACTLY what you are feeling. I am going through the exact same thing right now. Our clothes are laying out and we are all ready to go back to the hospital as soon as the phone rings. I am so sorry for you. There is no worse feeling than knowing that you are losing someone who you care deeply for.

Caroline

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert