MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

What can I do? I need Help

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board What can I do? I need Help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    franm

Hi all.

It has been some time since I talked to anyone. I have been on anti-depressing pills, just to coup with Jim and my problems.

I had new leads put in my passmaker. Went to the Arizona Arrhythmia Consultants. They told me that they use laser surgery to get the dead leads out but they couldn’t get the one that is near my arm. So, I am in pain most of the time.

Jim woke me up last Wednesday complaining of pain in his chest. I took him to ER and stayed with him for many long hours. Finalyy went home about 2:30am and they hadn’t found a bed for him yet. I called in the morning and he was going through test. The heart dr. came in and said that he wanted to to a stress test on him. Since it was on Friday, they send him home and he will go back as an out-patient to have the stree test done on Monday.

I will see Dr. Swarup, who is my surgent on Tuesday to check the leads and pacemaker. By the way my surgery was Friday and I stayed at the hospital until Sunday, before Jim went in on Wednesday.

Jim is going to have a BMB on the 19th of October. Had to cancel my eye surgery for that day.

I guess I am just angry…that things ad happen to me.

Thanks all for listening to all my problems.

Fran

Russ

Fran, This is the place for support. Most of us have had our ups and downs. Being the caregiver is especially tough especially when you have problems of your own. I believe God puts us through trials to draw us closer to Him – we need Him more when havibg the low points. Also go to support and help at: http://www.aamds.org/aplastic/
    Also get all the info on his BMB and post it then send a post for Neil who is quite knowledgeable on MDS. My prayers for you and hubby.

chuckk333

Prayers for you and Jim. You have a tremendous strength to go thru all you have. Keep asking God for continued strength and for comfort. Chuck

Bkwits

Fran,

I had been thinking of you and Jim, and wondering how how you were. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Barb

Caroline

Fran,

I am sorry for what you and Jim have to go through. I can understand why you are angry. It is hard enough taking care of and worrying about someone as sick as Jim without having so many medical problems of your own. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Caroline

franm

I just want to say THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SURRPORT AND PRAYERS. I am Jewish and the High Holiday is coming up tomorrow night and I will ask for forgiveness for asking to much from G-D. I hope he will hear my prayers.

Fran

willie

Fran You do not need to ask for forgiveness. What you have been doing is very tough. I will continue to hopr for the best for both of you.
    Willie

franm

Hi again:

We hope that Jim starts chemo this week but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. They have to order the Vidaza, then the Oncologist has to say it is ok, then the pharmacy will let Jim know when they get it. Jim takes his Vidaza at the IV lab at Del Webb hospital. One good thing is that the hospital is close to where we live.

They re-scheduled my Cataract sugery for November 2nd. I just hope that I don’t have to cancel this one.

Fran

franm

Hello All:

Jim thought he might have a heart problem, so he went through some test. He will not see the heart doc. until the 16. Meantime, he will start his Vidaza on the 6th for 7 days. I hope that he feels ok during that time zone. We had an appointment to have a cleaning girl come in to do the hard work but we had to cancel. Way to many things going around with me as well as Jim. His BMB is on the 19th and I will have Catarac surgery on the 2nd of September.

We will know if the vidaza is working after the BMB. If not who knows what will be next.

Pray for both of us, we really need your prayers.

Fran

Russ

Prayers for you and Jim,

shirlsgirl

Fran and Jim,

Hoping for easier days ahead!

Take good care,

Jody

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert