MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

What does it mean??

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board What does it mean??

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynnee

Hi all, I’m new to this but was diagnosed with MDS RA 5/2000. Had several transfusions for a couple of yrs and then went onto EPREX which did nothing…changed to Aranesp injections and been reasonably stable since. Had one blip with platelets but no drastic reaction, some bruising. I’m 52yrs and wonder if this is going to get worse or will it always be like this?? Sometimes I can feel really lousy but my haemotologist says its not related. I have bad chest and stomach pains and have recently been diagnosed with heart AF… Because my red cells are stable 11 I don’t like to make a fuss, it could be a lot worse…I’m just getting weaker as time goes on but don’t know why?? Any advice out there, thanks.

Neil

Hi Lynnee,
    It is difficult to determine why one would be getting weaker. We are all so different in our response to the disease and treatments.
    One would think a HGB level of 11 would be adequate.
    You may wish to have a check up from an internist to see if there might be something else going on aside from MDS and the recent heart issues. Could be a number of reasons that would not be related. I see my internist at least 3 times a year to make sure the rest of my body is functioning as it should.
    As we age we tend to become weary a bit earlier than in the past, but at 52 you should feel pretty good —most of the time.
    I have taken vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and a multi vitamin for a number of years. They seem to have helped my overall situation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert