MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Where are Tah/donner and John ??

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Where are Tah/donner and John ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ani

I have missed seeing any postings for a while from Tah and John in (is it Grand Rapids) sorry to be so vague.
    Any news of them?
    Ani

patti

Hi Ani,

I had some correspondence with John in GR a short while ago (little before Christmas). He is doing well. I don’t know how much he reads the board anymore. I guess he’ll post if he is reading. I know my husband and I missed an opportunity to visit with he and Marla in LA in January.

Patti

John in GR

Hi Ani, Patti, Tah and y’all.

Thanks for asking about me. I have been doing well since I crashed w the Sweets Syndrome thing last March. I haven’t participated much in the forum of late because I’ve kind of shifted my focus. After my 2001 diagnosis and attending 1-3 year lifespan prognosis, I worked very hard w the generous help of others to develop non toxic natural approaches to combat this disease. I did very well (see http://www.geocities.com/marlakins/) but took far too much personal credit.

Then I crashed in March 2005 with something called Sweets Syndrome. A stiff dose of prednisone brought me out of the tailspin. My values, however, remained low although I have needed no transfusions other than that one week period in March 2005.

Over the past several months I have become more and more involved with seeking and trusting God for my healing. I deeply believe that there is a healing power supply that few of us tap into. We pray for each other and ourselves like we are tossing pennies into a wishing well. We struggle to believe that we are doing is anything more than saying “I’m sorry”.

After we pray for someone, he or she dies anyway and we become skeptical wondering whether these prayers are going anywhere or doing anything. Often we give up even while we are still talking the talk.

And yet, there are some who have clearly demonstrated that God and Christ still heal, that the age of miracles has not ended. While the cynics and skeptics will snicker and smirk, if one looks closely through interviews and hospital records, a clear pattern of “unexplained” phenomena far beyond the statistical chances for spontaneous remissions etc. emerges.

And that’s been my focus. Two books that make a lot of sense to me are “Healing” by Francis MacNutt of Jacksonville Florida who is a Roman Catholic priest, and “God Still Heals” by James Garlow PhD, a Wesleyan pastor in San Diego. I believe that both of these books are balanced and well worth reading if the topic interests you. Neither suggests throwing away doctors, medications, nutrition etc.

My life today is both fulfilling and satisfying. I’ve been blessed well beyond what I deserve. I am facing tomorrow with eagerness and optimism. My friends and I are praying expectantly for twenty more years. I’m still doing the nutritional/alternative stuff, but with due credit to the Great Healer.

I wish you all the absolute best.

John

patti

John,

I’m glad you shared. I didn’t think it was my place to do so. smile I’ll be excited to hear what God does for you. I was reminded last night that the God who sees the sparrow fall, who knows every hair on my head, cares about the big and the small things in our lives.

Remember our crashed hard drive with my hours of work on it? After weeks of my husband trying to fix these things and me just telling him to let’s suck it up and buy a new computer, God fixed our hard drive last night. Yesterday I told God he either had to fix this thing or have someone drop a new computer on our door step. He fixed it, and my work is back. Truly, God is amazing! My husband said last night he had no idea how it got fixed other than God.

Keep on praying. Were you able to get those tapes I mentioned to you?

All the best,

Patti

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert