MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

WOOHOO!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lolam

My one and only sibling, my 65 year old sister is a perfect bone marrow match!! That is just a miracle!! I am truely blessed!

I will be going to Seattle in the near future, probably early July, to begin the awesome process of bone marrow transplant. I will be there for 4 mos.

I am excited and more than just a little bit scared! But God is good and I know He will see me through. His strength is always sufficient to give me courage and endurance!

Because just look how far You and I have already come!! wink

God bless, Lola

geebeebee

Lola, that is great news! I’m confident you will do fine. Please keep us posted when you can. We’ll all be rooting for you.

Greg

Kathy G

Wonderful news Lola – I have faith this will be just what you need. Keep us posted on your progress!!

Kathy

Christina

Dear Lola,

That is great! Seattle is THE place to go. I am going this week with my parents to beging the process – it will be our first consult. I hope we are as lucky as you and find a match with his siblings. Keep us posted…you are on your way to a cure!

Suzanne

Fantastic news. Wishing you all the luck in the world as you go down this road. Sometimes the right way seems to be pointed out for us!

Marsha

Lola,
    Congrats on your sis being a perfect match. It will be a long journey but the outcome will be the greatest gift. Prayers for you.
    God Bless, Marsha

Terri

Lola great news and i wish you the best. Will keep you and sis in my prayers.

Carrie

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I’m so glad for you!!!

Carrie

frank
    Participant

so glad for you, it is a miracle…

good luck for the BMT

frank

Jimbob

Lola,
    Pulling and praying for you. We know you are a survivor.
    Jim

gemloyear

Lola, Such wonderful news !!!With your attitude everything will be just fine. will be praying for a successful outcome. You must be walking on air today. All our best.
    Ellie

DonUK

Lola – what fantastic news ! You must be overjoyed (and your sister for being able to help)

Our very best wishes for the BMT and a long life thereafter !

Don & Karen

sarah

Wonderful news Lola!

Naomi

Fantastic news Lola.
    I took your “alphabet soup” in to my doc today and he chuckled about it. He is passing it on to Dr. Bennett saying he will really enjoy it. He was showing it around, as someone else came up to me and said they thought it was great. Always glad for a little humor.
    Will keep you in my prayers
    Naomi

shirlsgirl

laugh That’s terrific Lola! Yay!!

Thinking of you and your Sis,

Jody

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert