MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

A Transplantin' we will go

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board A Transplantin' we will go

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Dennis

I will be admitted Sunday, Sep 3, and the transplant to take place Friday Sept 7, I thihk.

Either way, it’s clse

Dennis

eve

good luck

eve

sdrake

Dennis,

Best of luck. Extra prayers are headed your way.

Take care,
    Shari

franm

Dennis:

Jim and I wish you the Best of Luck.

Take care,
    Fran

Engel

Dennis,
    Kornel & I wish you the very best. Prayers are send your way. God is with you. Gloria

Russ

Dennis,
    I’m too old for the transplanting bit, but you have my thoughts and prayers that all will go well with yours. Keep those spirits up and may
    God Bless.

Naomi

Hopefully you will be anew man when this is all over and you will be able that organ sound better than ever.
    Naomi

Dennis

Again — thanks, all.

D

Jerry

Dennis …

The hospital does not know what is about to hit them … your wonderful sense of humor will get you through this … bushels of prayers going your way …

Jerry and Debbie

Sandy L

Wishing you the best.

Dennis

Jerry,

The hospital does have a pretty good idea of what to expect — we’ve been working with them since October of last year. Oh, but I DO have a FEW surprises left for them — of the non-medical kind, I assure you.

Had my first lab draws today from the Hickey-man garden hose today. Couldn’t help but smile, strangely. First time in my life that blood came out of me without someone getting hurt. In fact, they had saline going in one head, blood coming out the other head (of the catheter — I only have one head) My older son, who wants to produce a zombie movie, would have been clapping in boyish glee. Me, I found it perversely interesting.

Anyway, we’re day -6 today. The cells should be infused on some time Thursday. They won’t tell me a lot about the donor, but I have found out it is a he, same blood type, and they say he is “off shore” They will not, however, tell me what species he is. If I start to sprout scales or feathers, I will be a bit disappointed. I specified hair.

Such an adventure we’re on, here. Thank you for all the kind thoughts, prayers and best wishes. Oh, and whoever mailed the frog, thanks, but I can’t have any new pets.

Best to all of you, and give your special ones a hug, too.

Dennis

cthomas555

Dennis, thank you for my last laugh for a while. smile Hurry back to the forum.

God bless.

Chris

Terri

Wishing you the best and keeping you in my prayers.
    God Bless

covergirl

Hi Dennis,

You hang in there and don’t keep the staff laughing so much they can’t take care of you properly. They surely will enjoy having you around, but don’t let ’em keep you any longer than necessary. Best wishes and keep us informed when you can. My prayers are with you.

–cheryl

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert