MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Frank is in hospital.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Frank is in hospital.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    shirlsgirl

Frank,

I’m so glad you are feeling better! That’s great news!

I agree with Suzanne, that posting your experience with Vidaza is a great idea.

Take care,

Jody

riley

Frank,

I’m so glad that you’re feeling better. Thanks to you and your wife for letting us know how you’re doing.

Please do keep posting about your experiences with Vidaza. Any information I can learn about Vidaza is helpful to me — my father may be trying it soon. I’m sure I’m not the only one who will benefit from hearing about your experiences.

I’m so happy I found this forum. It’s a great place for all of us to learn from and support each other.

My prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us posted!

Cherbear

Hi Frank,

I’m glad you are doing better!
    I think it would be great to have your posts about the experience with Vidaza. I most likely will be on that treatment very soon. I wish you and your family well!

God’s Blessings,
    Cheryl

frank
    Participant

thanks everyone.

they finally identified the bugs, it was staph infection(in blood stream), it was introduced by the pick-line wound during the operation. so i may have to stay a little longer for antibiotic, but it was curable… i will have anyother test today to make sure its gone, otherwise they may have to pull my pick-line off.

there several lessons i learned from this accident.
    1. I should put the pice line before my Vidaza, since i have to have the blood transfusion, and the pick-line and med-port definitly needed, since i really hate medicine and all the extra things, i refused to have one until the chemo, then the vien is so fragile…
    2. If someone have IPASS lower than 2, and belong to RARS, and WBC, PLT are not high enough(WBC 3.0, PLT 140 for me), should think it carefully, the side effect may be worse than the disease. If consider the outcome(20% responce rate), maybe should keep the current treatment unless it progress quick.
    3. whenever take the chemo, pays more attention on the blood counts, it may kill you even you don’t know. Doctor is more important here…

i have to wait 2 more weeks to start my next vidaza treatment.

hope my post can help someone.

Frank

Terri

Hi Frank, glad to hear you are starting to get better. Hope you get to go home soon, Continuing those prayers.
    Everyone reacts differently to this disease and drug, we all need as much info as possible.

riley

Hi Frank,

It’s great to hear that they’ve identified the cause of your fever and that it may be treated already.

Your posts are helpful — please keep posting. You used a term I’m not familiar with…what is IPASS?

You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

frank
    Participant

rilly,

sorry, i misspell it, IPSS, someting like an internation standard for evaluation of the disease…

Suzanne

IPSS International Prognostic scoring system. Estimates median survival and risk of developing acute leukemia.

riley

Thanks for the explanation, Frank and Suzanne.

frank
    Participant

hoo…hooo

i can go home tomorrow!!! the blood culcure took yesterday is negtive, and my WBC get back 3.0 with neupogen, and they will continue the antibiotic IV for next 11 days(twice a day, the disease control doctor recommanded, since the infection is pretty bad if they are in blood stream).

i don’t think i can go to work with 2x 2 hours IV everyday, and i also think i want to spend some time with my girls(i stay in for 5 days already).

i will start my next treatment after a month, hope it will be easy than this…

thanks everyone…

Frank

Terri

Great news I am happy you are going home. I know Bob hated being in the hospital. I hope your next round of treatment is better.

Suzanne

Frank, Glad you are headed home. That is a place being in the hospital really makes you appreciate!Sure hope the next round is easier for you

Kathryn

YEA Frank!! laugh There is no place like home for healing. I know that w/ my father, his first round of Vidaza was quite challenging for him, but the second round went much better. I am wishing the same for you!

Take care,

Kathryn

sarah

Glad you are feeling better and headed home.

shirlsgirl

Good to hear Frank!! smile So glad you are going home.

Jody

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert