MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

I ask you for a prayer…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board I ask you for a prayer…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Aleksandra Poland
    Participant

Well, I can not see what else can be done now.

For some unknown reason my Mom spent three days in the hospital after the last platelet transfusion – and when she got back home, she brought the hospital influenza with her.

There is a flu epidemy in the Southern Poland at the moment, and the hospital is full of very ill people, while there was no separate room for her, so she spent these three days among all these patients. I prayed she survives it safely, but it happened differently.

So now she got ill herself and the doctors don’t see any way to treat it – just waiting and hoping it gets better – so a miracle. But can it really get better, when she has no immune system on her own? How can it be that the common flu kills my Mother, before the AML does it?! I wish she could at least see my little Baby girl, who will be named Zofia after Mom, before she goes….

I can not see through my tears what I write anymore – I only ask you for a little prayer for Mom. Aleksandra

patti

Aleksandra,

Oh, I am so sorry. Praying your mom can beat this flu. Just do your best to support her with fluids, rest, zinc if she can keep it down. Hang in there.

patti

eve

aleksandra

prayers are with you and your mom

eve

Bee

I am so sorry this is happening. You are in my prayers.

Caroline

Aleksandra,

I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Terri

I hope Your Mom gets better, and definately add her to my prayers.

katiebear

I’m sorry too. You guys are in my prayers.

Katie

Bkwits

I will pray for your Mom and you. My Joe survived infections and and many setbacks. He had several health issues besides CMML. Take care of yourself.
    Barb

seekay

Dear Aleksandra,

So sorry to hear about your mom. Has she considered taking either cold, fresh organic flax oil or the amazing Nordic Arctic Naturals fish oil capsules (see Patti’s prior posts for more info). Good brands for flax oil are: Omega Nutrition and Barleans. If you can’t find those, you might have access to Flora brand oils in Europe. Omega 3 fatty acids are proven to be remarkable immune system enablers, allowing the B and T cells to communicate. The body needs them to function properly; the Western diet is woefully deficient in them; and one cannot manufacture them–you must get them from food and supplements. I would think that one could locate a high quality product in Poland.

Here in California (in Jan/Feb) we “took” garlic in many forms to combat viral and bacterial infections that tried to overtake our bodies. It really helped me and my husband not to be overtaken by a threatening flu virus. The virus had me down (just with aches, no vomiting) just one day, then the next I was fine.

Garlic is probably the most effective completely natural and nontoxic killer of germs we have. Raw is best (just sucking/chewing on a garlic clove is good). We also made garlic tea with a little lemon and honey, and we roasted whole garlic by cutting off the tops, drizzling olive oil, and putting in a covered pan and roasting for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees Farenheit or so. It is delicious spread on some sprouted Barley bread.

A high quality goldenseal extract might help. It also is a proven virus killer. We use Nature’s Sunshine brand.

Sincerely,

Christine

gemloyear

Aleksandra, I am sending prayers for your Mom and you. Please take care of yourself.
    Ellie

willie

Aleksandra My thoughts are with both of you. Be sure to take care of yourself too. Willie

sdrake

Aleksandra,

You and your Mom are in my prayers.

Take care,
    Shari

Russ P.

Aleksandra,
    God is so good and he loves us. He still performs miracles for His Honor ad Glory.
    That being said there are reasons He will allow suffering. We must put our lives in His hands and
    pray for His will. My prayer for you and your mom is that God’s Grace and comfort will sustain you in your trials,

Aleksandra Poland
    Participant

You have been all so kind und dear to me. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. I don’t know what I would do without you and your support in these last few months of desperate searching and fighting Mom’s MDS.

Well, this time a miracle was too much to pray for.

We lost Mom on Friday night. Her heart was too weak to fight this one more time, and the infection was very rapid and violent. She’s in Peace now, finally.

I still can not believe this to have happened.

eve

dear aleksandra

i am so very sorry for your loss –
    those damn infections are really the downfall for so many mds patients – my dad had a fairly normal white blood count and very good neutrafil count and yet when the infection came it came with such a vengence- he was given so many combinations of antibiotics and yet his weakened body could no longer fight

may you find comfort in knowing that your mother is now at peace, and may all your fond memories of her help ease YOUR pain

eve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert