MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Mom

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    eve

greg

prayers are with you and your family

no need to tell your 6 year old now – when (and if) the time comes you will find the right words – and remember that even though a person doesn’t live forever the memories that you have created with that person will

eve

shirlsgirl

Dear Greg,

I’m so very sorry about your mom. I cannot find the right words to express the sadness I feel…I really cannot imagine what you and your family are going through. I think about your mom all the time…just hoping things would get better. I can tell by your posts that she is a wonderful mom and grandma and that she is loved so much. She has gone through so much, thankfully she is comfortable now.

Thinking of you and your family…..

(a big cyber hug…)

Jody

geebeebee

Thank you all so very, very much. All of your words do mean a lot to me at this time.

Dad had my wife and I come in early this morning, and I’m glad he did. We got to exchange some final words with Mom before they increased the morphine to keep her comfortable. She’s now in a deep, comfortable sleep, but unable to communicate, which is fine, as long as she’s not in pain.

I know all of you have your own hardships, and I appreciate you taking the time to make me feel better about mine. Thankfully, I have absolutely no regrets, really, about my Mom, whether it be personal ones, or the battle that she waged so valiantly and courageously against MDS. I was lucky to have her in my life well into my adulthood, and saw her or spoke to her probably every week of my life. The void she will leave as a mother and grandmother will be enormous, but I hope our memories of her are able to mostly fill the gap.

Now my energies are going to focus on an equally remarkable person, my Dad, who one long-time nurse at the hospital said was the finest caregiver she had ever seen. I know he is in great pain, as he fought just as hard as Mom, and I know it is difficult for him to call off the battle. As with my Mom, I am exceedingly lucky to have him as a parent, and I cherish the days I have had and will continue to have with him. He is my best friend and will continue to provide inspiration to me, just as Mom did, especially so in the last nine months.

I am also lucky to have my wife and son, who will also both exceedingly miss Mom, but have provided and will continue to provide me with countless amounts of support throughout this difficult time.

Thanks again, and very best of wishes to all of you and your loved ones. I’ll be looking for good news from all of you.

Greg

Carrie

Greg,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mom but I’m glad that her pain is managed.

I’ll keep your family in my prayers.

Carrie

gemloyear

Greg I’m so sorry to hear about your Mom, we will be praying for her and your family. God bless her.
    Ellie

kristyk

Greg
    I am thinking of you and your family. Such bravery. My hope is that your mother maintains her sense of peace about her decision and can enjoy her family and time. As for you…hang on, hang in and hang tight. The journey continues.
    peace
    Kristy

Jimbob

greg, I am sorry that your mom’s conditon has deteriorated so far. It is good that she was able to decide how to proceed. The peace that one gets after making the decison to go one way or another is almost unbelieveable. In her current status, you can now devote more attention to your dad who has been going through such extreme stress as the primary caregiver. I don’t think that most people realize how much the caregiver goes through. He needs you now and will really need you in the near future. My prayeres to you and your family.
    Jim

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert