MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My BMT

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Ensnee

Dave, I’m so glad to hear you are doing well. Just meditate on your counts! They will come up.

Are you at PMH?

many hugs,
    Esme

Davea

Esme,

I’m at the QEII in Halifax. You couldn’t ask for better care. Day + 6 and counting.

Dave A

danz

Hi,

I had a BMT April 2004. It took six months for the cell counts to get up to the low end of normal. It is very interesting to watch your counts go up. Keep a log and get a print out of your cell counts so you can keep a accurate track of your progress.

Davea

danz,

Are your counts up to normal now and was it the WBC that came up first? My WBC is still at 0.1 and I’m on day + 11. Dr. says it’ll take a few days yet.

Dave A

danz

They track things a bit different here. The neutrophils dropped to 0 on day 7. The WBC was .13. By day 10, neutrophils was .04 and the WBC was .29. By day 25, neutrophils was at .4 and the WBC was 1.92. By day 31, my neutrophils was at 1.2 and the WBC was at 2.99. The ANC (Absolute Neutropenic Count) is .5, so I went over the ANC after day 22, and dropped .1 on day 25. Your counts will bounce around, so don’t get discouraged.

danz

You must be at about the 25th day post BMT. I am guessing that your cell counts should be high enough that you will be going home soon.

Hello My Friend,

Today is Day +540 on my Son’s BMT calendar! He is 13 year’s old. Draw strength from him, as he does you.

Be Well,

Billy’s Dad {Bill}
    Visit Billy’s Page!

Davea

All,

It is now Day + 31 since my transplant. WBC at 3.0,platlets at 174 and hgb at 89. Hopefully will be going home tomorrow. Was released from hospital 10 days ago but had to stay in the city close to the hospital for check ups every second day.

Cheers and God Bless,

Dave A

DonUK

Hi Dave – sounds like things are going well. I’m sure you still feel pretty tired.

Dave – from personal experience and I’m sure Marsha will back this up can I ask you to promise us all something ?

Anytime you feel out of sorts or “not right”, please see a doctor immediately. Do not let them palm you off with “Oh you’ll feel a bit ill after a transplant”; and by no means sit there yourself thinking “I’ll feel better tomorrow”.

You must tell the Docs everything and let them do their job. Do not worry about pestering them.

Marsha – back me up ?

I wish you well my friend,
    Don

Marsha

Dave and Don,

Yes Don I back you up all the way!!! Dave I learned the hard way when I didn’t call the doctor and it spiraled out of control. I’m doing better but still struggling with after effects. And I had to start all over with meds so I am just now tapering those too. So even if you think it is trival call anyway. My BMT team told me that they are there to “help me”

God Bless, Marsha

Terri

Dave, Continued prayers coming your way.
    God Bless.

Ensnee

Dave, it’s wonderful to hear that you are doing so well. Best wishes for continued improvement and vibrant health!

Esme

lindajo

Dave, We haven’t heard from you in awhile? How are you doing. I hope you are back on your feet.

JaneP

Dave,

Hope you see only improvement from this day forward. May God be with you, and keep you well.

Keep us updated, and take care..

JaneP

Davea

All,

Don and Marsha your advice will be taken! I am very fortunate that my wife is a Registered Nurse and I’m sure she’ll keep an eye on me as well. I’m now on day + 34 or 35 and just received my counts for today.
    WBC – 4.9
    Plt – 227
    Hgb – 89

We’re very pleased with these counts!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert