MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New Update on Husband Jim

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New Update on Husband Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    franm

Hi to all my friends, who have helped me so much.

Jim just came home from the Oncologist. His CBC was not bad for a change. The WBC was high 7.1 but his RBC was low 3.89, ROW was 15.5 , his Platelets were pretty good 149.

Jim will be having a Port put in on Monday the 31st and he is also going to have a MRI on his lower back. He has been complaining about pain in the area.

We wanted to book a cruise for sometime in October but I have afraid to do that…not knowing what to expect with Jim.

I, also have a problem. Just saw my heart dr. and he said that the pacemaker with the 2 leads is not working again. It seems that the top lead is lose again.

I had the pacemaker put in in June of 05. went to the engineer (pacemaker) to check it at the end of May, was told to get a cheast x-ray and it showed that 1 of the leads was not attached to the heart muscle. I had to go through surgery the following Monday. (that was on the 5th of June. Just went back again to have the pacemaker checked and the same lead is out again. I have another appointment with the Cariologist on the 2nd of August to find out what my options are now.

Anyway, please pray for both of us.

Thanks again for being here for me and Jim

Fran

Caroline

Hi Fran,

I will keep my fingers crossed that Jim continues to improve and that the MRI does not show anything for you to be concerned about.

As for your pacemaker, I am sorry that you have so much trouble with it. Do you think that they will do surgery again to re-attach the lead again?

I will keep you and Jim in my prayers as usual.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Jerry

Fran …

Debbie and I cruise a lot … when I was younger we did not mess with trip insurance at all but since I have been diagnosed with MDS I have the same worries as you do about booking in advance … on our last cruise, our travel agent found us a travel insurance policy that covered ANY cancellation including pre-existing condition problems … it was more expensive, but not prohibitive considering the cost of the cruise … maybe you could look into such a policy … Good luck ….

Jerry

lucym

Fran,
    I used to be a travel agent, usually if you book your insurance with in 7 days of placing your deposit all pre existing conditions are covered. What you want to be sure of if you have an emergency on the trip that you are
    covered to be transport you to hospital. Book your trip, it will be nice for you both to look forward too, this CBC was not bad hopefully the next will be better.

My Mom had some lower back pain at the start of her diagnosis, her MRI showed nothing. We figured it was her bone marrow making more cells never really found out, it seems better now.

Best of luck with your pacemaker, our thoughts are with you.
    Lucy

sdrake

Fran,

My prayers are with you and Jim.

Take care,
    Shari

franm

Hi Caroline:

Thanks for your concern regarding my pacemaker. I called pacemaker person up and she said that I will have the operation again but this time he will put a screw in the lead leading to my heart muscle. It should never dislodge again but the idea of surgery for me again is bad.

Jim is having his port put in Monday, Tuesday is my appointment with primary are dr. and Wednesday I see the Carido doc. regarding my pacemaker

Jim will start his 3rd round of Vidasa on Thursday for 7 days.

So far that is all the news for now.

Fran

Caroline

Fran,

Sounds like you will have a busy week. Keep us posted.

Blessings,
    Caroline

chuckk333

Fran

I am so sorry for all the troubles you are having. Will Keep you in my prayers. You have been a great help to me. Thank you, Chuck

franm

Hi Good People:

Just a note to let you know that Jim had his Port put in on the 31st of July. He also had a CBC blood test and he will be starting Vidaza again for the 3rd cycle. I sure hope he does OK with his chemo, because I post-poned my lead surgery until the 10th. He last day of chemo will be on the 9th. I want him to take me to the out-patient surgery, if he feels good. If not I don’t have a driver to take me home.

I saw the Heart doc. yesterday and he said it is very unusal for the lead to move. This time he will put a screw until the heart muscle with a new lead and hope that that works.

I am at my wit ends and all I do is Pray and hope that this works out.

My Primary care doc. said that I should see a Psychiatrist, because I won’t take any pills but the Cardiologist said I should see someone also.

Since both doc’s said I should I will, I guess.

I think I told you that my 16 year old grandson has been in Isreal for 4 1/2 weeks. He is hoping to come home this Sunday. He went with his confirmation class for 5 weeks. So, on top of everything else I have been worried about him also.

Please Pray for Jim, Me and Justin.

Thanks

Fran

chuckk333

You got it. I do pray for you and others that I don’t even know on this forum.

Chuck

Terri

I keep all in my prayers constantly.
    God Bless

sdrake

Fran,

My prayers are with you. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, and you have many people praying for you and your family.

Take care,
    Shari

Bkwits

Dear Fran and Jim,

I often think of you both and remember you in my prayers. I also pray that Justin will be home safely on Sunday. There are lot of people here who are pulling for you, even though you don’t hear from all of them.

Barb

franm

Hi all:

Jim started his 3rd round of Vidaza. I have no idea what his CBC’s were, because he has the chemo at the hospital in there IV Lab. The Nurses won’t give you a copy of his blood test, he can only get it from the Oncologist. He won’t see her until the 29th of this month.

All I know is that this time he has been really sick. Nothing I can put my 2 cents in but he comes home feeling sick to his stomach, his legs give out and he is real tired and doesn’t eat much.

I am hoping that he will feel up to taking me to the out-patient for my Lead replacement surgery, which will be the day after he stops the chemo. My surgery is this Thursday.

My grandson Justin came home from Isreal OK. They gave him a problem at the airport in Isreal, because of his last name, which is Berg. But he finally got on the plan for New York and came home last night at 12 midnight. He feels fine, other then being tired. The time difference is 10 hours, so he just wanted to sleep.

My prayers go out to all the people on this forum.

Fran

Thank you so much for all your concern about the probllems I am having as well as all the things that Jim is going through now.

Jack_dup1

Hi Fran,
    Those are your medical records, insist on a copy. They have to give you one. I always get a copy straight from the lab.
    Jack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert