MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Noni Capsules

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Noni Capsules

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Jack_dup1

I have mentioned Noni Capsules several times regarding increased platelets and never received a response from anyone. Has anyone else had platelet improvement from Noni Capsules. I ate pineapple and sesame seeds for 8 months and found it difficult to do while traveling for my work, try juicing and cleaning up pinapple in a motel room bathroom. I started the Noni Capsules and have been taking them for over a year, with the pineapple and seeds my platelets went from 72k to the low 90’s, with Noni capsules my platelet’s have ranged from 101 to 137 for the last 12 months. The capsules are reasonably inexpensive, about $150 for a years supply. I can’t say for sure it is the capsules, but that is all I take, the only sure way would be to stop taking them and check the results, that’s not going to happen. I certainly don’t knock the pinapple and seeds, but you might want to try the capsules in conjunction with the other.
    Jack

shirlsgirl

Hi Jack,

They sure are reasonably priced…not bad…150 dollars for a whole year! smile Do you order Noni capsules online or can you get them at a health food store? Btw, have you noticed your MPV level on your cbc? Mom’s is a little low, not sure if it’s important..guess her platelets are smaller?

Thanks for the info Jack!

Take care,

Jody

patti

Jack,

My MIL takes Noni and notices a help also. She started taking it after someone on the list recommended it. Maybe it was you??? smile

patti

Jerry

Jack,

I have the same question that Jody does. I looked Noni capsules up online and found several sources for them. My experience with health foods has been that they are almost always much less expensive online. However, each of these sources claims to “be the best and the original” etc. My question is who you get them from and if you are happy with the service? Thanks so much.

Jerry

bhanson

Jack, Hi, how many Noni capsules do you take and is the juice the same? My husband’s platelets are going down and we will try the Noni along with the pineapple and sesame. I am so happy for all the suggestions for help. The doctor says, “You’ve got to die of something! Go home and wait.” I’d rather not know what I’m going to die of and I certainly don’t want my husband to get too sick to treat, which seems to be the method of choice for MDS here. Thanks again, Bonnie

Jack_dup1

Mine are called Noni Maui Veggie Capsules, If you Goolge that name it will come up, They are doing some clinical studies on cancer treatment at University of hawaii through NIH, with with noni provided by this company. When I was I Phoenix recently I heard them advertise a new noni store in the area. I can’t recommend the Juice only because I haven’t tried it, I would think it would be better. My Doctor ignores me when I mention seed, pinapple, or noni. I take 2 tablets a day, one in the morning and one in the evening, I didn’t get a good results when I take them both at once.
    Jack

Jack_dup1

Noni Maui
    a division of Resort Health Products, Ltd.
    211 Napoko Place, Kula, Maui, Hawaii 96790
    Direct dial: 1-808-878-2974 • Toll Free: 1-800-639-5454 • Fax: 1-808-878-8543 • EMAIL: health@nonimaui.com.
    I have been very happy with their service.
    Jack

bhanson

Thanks, Jack. I was looking at this company also.We will try it. The juice is usually mixed with other juices so that it is easier to take, but I have heard good things about it. My husband would be more faithful swallowing a pill! Will post results. We are going to the naturepath in a couple of weeks in Seattle for the first time. My husband was turned down at Fred Hutchinson in Seattle for a nonmyeloblative BMT even thouth he has a brother as a perfect match. Thanks again. Bonnie

Jack_dup1

I just had my monthly CBC and the platelets were 98k, my whites dropped from 36.5 to 33 which is good for me. My son sent me an E-mail saying that maybe I was mis-diagnosed and instead of CMML, I just have SCBM – Seriously Confused Bone Marrow, or plain old SCUD – Stem Cells Utterly Dysfunctional. If you can’t joke about this you could go nuts.
    Jack

Jerry

Thanks Jack !! I think I have BMBB … Bone Marrow Being Bad … I go to Cleveland Clinic tomorrow. Maybe I will recommend a whole new set of classifications to them for this stuff. Then, they will send me to the mental ward. Keep your sense of humor. It does you and us a great deal of good.

Marsha

Jack and Jerry,

LOL!! Too funny! Really laughter is good for the soul. Let’s keep those faces smiling even in despair there is humor. At least for me there was.
    God Bless,
    Marsha

patti

Thanks guys. Needed the humor today. Where’s Tahoe these days? I miss his humor too!

Patti

Jerry

Hey Jack,

I just spent the dog food money and bought some Noni capsules. I see that you take one in the morning and one in the evening. How long after you started taking them did you see results? It makes me a little nervous to take something like this, so please be honest. You did not grow a second nose or a third eye did you? Ha Ha, just kidding! Thanks for your input.

Jerry

shirlsgirl

Hey Jerry,

Good luck with the Noni capsules…hope you see some good results. I tried looking for them at a couple of local health food stores , no luck, although they did carry Noni juice. Did you end up purchasing them online?

Good luck with the third eye, second nose thing. ha!

Jody

Jerry

Hi Jody,

I took Jack’s advice and bought them online from Noni Maui. They said I would have to go to Hawaii to pick them up … so I’m packin’ right now. Actually, they will come in 2 days via FedEx or Brown. (Can’t remember which.) But in Feb ’06, Debbie and I are going to Hawaii and I plan on looking into them just a bit more. Then maybe I can write off the trip. (Don’t I wish !!!) And finally, with my hearing these days, I could really use another ear. Debbie gets tired of my “huh’s”. Anyway, good luck to you.

Jerry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert