MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Plea for prayers

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Plea for prayers

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sandy L

Great news. We will keep the prayers coming.

Terri

Praying for continued Good updates from you on Karen. I hope she continues on this path of improvement. Thinking of you and thanks for the support in my Light the Night Walk.

Ensnee

No problem, Don! We’ll keep ’em coming. Luckily I can understand your terms of measurement, since we use them in Canada, too!

May I just say I’m so appalled at what you all are dealing with in London these days. Stay safe.

many hugs,
    Esme

DonUK

Thanks all – another very encouraging day today. She is so determined! The’ve cut her oxygen back to 8 litres (don’t tempt me Esme – I’ll be talking in pounds per square inch next !) and she is doing OK – a little tired tonight but she has been out of bed again and managed a good 10 metres (30 feet) today. I am so proud of her, she has battled so hard to get where she is, and I’m convinced that someone upstairs is watching over her.

She will get there, it’s just slow.

As for the shenaningans in London over the previous weeks – I can’t believe people willingly do such things. Let’s be honest, all of us on the board whether suffering from MDS or carers know how precious life is and fight for it every day. Why someone would want to indiscriminately (Spelling?) take life is beyond me.

I hadn’t realise the coverage was so worldwide, but we have had a spooky experience with it all.

I normally travel to work by motorcycle(I don’t like the tube). Anyway, my motorcycle was stolen about a month ago whilst we were visiting the outpatients department at hospital (this was prior to Karen’s re-admission). Thus I would have to use the tube until my insurance came through etc. I work in Aldgate (where one of the bombs went off), but by that time Karen was back in hospital so I wasn’t at work that day. Even more odd is that I woke up the night before the bombings at around 3 am, felt very strange and decided to drive to the hospital in the middle of the night as I felt something wasn’t right. All a bit strange really.

Anyway, many many thanks for the prayers folks, please keep them coming as they are working ! (and if you could mention Carrie’s dad at the same time that would be great !)

Cheers,
    Don

Suzanne

We are getting a lot of news about London every day as I am sure you had news of 9-11. mass transit is on pretty high alert where I am because we are on the metro-(underground) system into Washington.
    For people on the forum there are always cycles. Sometimes it seem like there is a lot of discouraging news. Then it turns right around to more people doing better-our hope are for all to make it into that doing better cycle!

KATHY1

Continued prayers for Karen’s health.

My husband works in Manhattan and they are on high alert also. He has a friend whose father is high up in the police department and he’s been driving into work. Makes me wonder, does he know something? Kind of scary but we continue on as normal as possible otherwise they win.

Kathy

kerrylai

Don :
    I will keep this in my prayer. Be strong !

kerry

Ensnee

Don, I’m glad to hear Karen is making improvements, if slow. The prayers for everyone continue!

Also, your story about waking and going to the hospital in the middle of the night is so intriguing. I also wonder if some large city in
    Canada will be next. We are the only country on Al Queda’s list not to have been attacked. Hans & I were talking about this yesterday. I said that I’m surprised that more of these attacks haven’t happened — after all, it can’t be that hard to make bombs. The only thing that stops it from happening more is that the vast majority of people do not want to blow themselves up or kill others.

Anyway, let’s turn our thoughts back to our patients!

hugs,
    Esme

Jimbob

Don,
    I don’t respond anywhere near as often as I would like but want you to know that I am praying for Karen – and others we hear about in the Forum – none the less. I am sure that many of us who don’t reply much are praying regularly for those fighting the various forms of this disease and for the families as well.
    Jim

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert