MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

update on my mother

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board update on my mother

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    pierre

A quick note to let you know that we did another biopsy a couple of days ago and she is still in complete remission. Her counts are higher than they’ve been in years, too–WBC has gone through the roof, now in the 7K range (hard to believe); hemoglobin 12.5; platelets in the 320’s.

She will be undergoing a SCT in a couple of weeks. It was originally scheduled for next week, but the doctors are letting her take a holiday given the encouraging biopsy results.

So…cautiously hopeful. We’re in such a better place than we were back in February…

pierre

Finally got a signature…

TEMBO

Pierre;

Happy to hear the good news about your Mom. I am reading your signature, was it the Ara-C & Arsenic that put her in remission? What is 1 cycle of consolidation? You may have posted before, but this is the first time I caught your posting. Thank you for the encouraging news about your Mom.

God Bless,
    Karen

pierre

Karen–It was the first two (induction) cycles.

shirlsgirl

Pierre,

That’s wonderful news!!

We’ll be thinking of her at transplant time…please update us on how she’s doing.

Take care,

Jody

lynette

Pierre,
    Great news! Where will your Mom have the Transplant? Good luck and keep us posted.
    Regards,
    lynette

geebeebee

Pierre, best of wishes to your Mom and your family on the transplant. Please do keep in touch on her progress, and we’ll all be hoping for the best.

Greg

pierre

Even though I tend to be a little superstitious and am wary of sharing news that seems that seems too good to be true, I thought I’d let you know that my mother is now past the critical 100-day post-SCT milestone. She has had no GVHD to speak of–just a little rash that lasted all of one day.

We’ve also received the final results of a pretty thorough biopsy/cytogenetic exam (i.e. FISH test) which shows that her chromosomal abnormalities are, as of now, all gone.

Best of luck to everyone engaged in the journey…

TEMBO

Dear Pierre;

What exciting and good news. Although I appreciate your caution, we celebrate this positive news and pray for it’s continued wonderful results. Thank you for allowing the forum to follow your Mom’s progress.

We will stand with your Mom in our prayers, and join in your words of blessings to everyone who finds themselves on this journey.

God’s Best
    Karen

maueenh
    Participant

Pierre,

That is wonderful and encouraging news. There are so many ups and downs with this disease that good news like this is so uplifting.

Best wishes
    Maureen

chuckk333

Wow, that is great news. Thank you for sharing it and giving us encouragment.

Chuck

Terri

Glad to hear good news

Jimbob

Pierre,
    This is great news. Gettin to +100 days with that kind of results is a very good indication. But she no longer has much of an immune system so she must continue to be cautious of what and who she is exposed to.
    Jim

gemloyear

Pierre, What wonderful news. I’m so glad that your mother is doing so well. Will pray that she continues on the road to a full recovery.
    Ellie

katiebear

Pierre,

That is wonderful news. My dad is going to Sloan on the 19th of this month for his SCT. This kind of news gives us great hope. Where did your mom get hers done?

Katie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert