MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

What quantity of sesame seeds to use

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board What quantity of sesame seeds to use

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    kristyk

patti
    thanks for such good advise, I will follow! At last consult with her big wig Doc..the one who will be primary once (if?) she starts med clinical study, didn’t exactly pooh pooh question about diet but did say “it won’t help”. While he supported good nutrition he essentially was saying between the lines ” why have mom restrict her life anymore than necessary when her time may be limited”. While I do support quality of life issues and choices, I do believe nutrition is the missing link in most medical treatment issues. Anyway, I think I could get my Mom through the door for consult with nutritionist, I’m not sure how willing she would be to make significant diet changes. But hey it is worth a shot, at least she’d be making informed decision. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks. Kristy

John in GR

Tah and I have gone round and round re the quackwatch thing. Don’t assume that quackwatch is full of only good info.

In my own mind, if I had followed quackwatch, I believe I would be dead. Can I prove it??? NO. But show me the absolute cure in conventional madicine with a survival rate better than doing nothing and I’ll listen. Many (myself included) have ignored the Quackwatch misinformation. Do you really think you’ll do just as well on Big Macs, cokes and fries as on good meat and fish protein and raw fruits and veggies etc??? Do you really think diet makes no difference???

My basic approach is that I am willing to try things that will not harm, but might help. Right now I’m trying, among other things, infrared hyperthermy. Am I wasting my time and money?? Frankly, it’s too early to tell. I don’t believe it’s going to hurt me, so I’m giving it a try.

I completely agree with the above posts that you need to do your own research. Part of your research is evaluating what is presented on this forum.

Kristyk and others, you might want to check my friend Marla’s website where her story re recovery from extremely serious aplastic anemia and my story and diet (current as of a year ago) is presented. I also am continually tinkering w it. http://www.geocities.com/marlakins/index.html . It surely was fun for my wife, Cheri, and I to get together with Marla and her family. Even ‘quacked out’ nutritional weirdos can have fun. Maybe it’s because we just don’t know any better.

Have a great 4th. Especially you, Tah.

John

John

kristyk

John
    Awsome website. I thoroughly enjoyed. Bravo to Marla! Thanks Kristy

Ani

Hi Tah,
    I received one estimate for the sesame seeds, one table spoon of seeds presumably once a day, with juiced pineapple IF you can get it. Have read that the pineapple must not be allowed to become oxidised, when we can get a pineapple we wrap what is not used in Saran wrap in the hope that this will prevent oxidation.
    In an unrelated topic, I read that the University of Queensland, Australia has discovered that “something” in the stem of pineapples is responsible for eliminating or decreasing tumors in the breast, lung, bowel and ovary,so surely there is something in the fruit which may be beneficial.
    Great to read your posts, stah healthy and happy!
    Ani

Terri

We consulted a Nutritionist the after the first few months when Bob was dx. Oct 2003. I can’t say enough. I don’t think the Vidaza alone would be keeping Bob on the road he is going. A lot of the stuff our nutritionist has suggested are things like John in GR is doing. Today Bobs HGB was 11.8 the highest ever and plts up to 88. Reds are always normal. His whites are up at the high norm that is what we always have to watch for, But today was the first day of his Ninth round of the Vidaza . Doctor now has him one week on six weeks off and I think it is helping him Maintain. I strongly suggest contacting a Good Nutritionist. I have not had to contact ours in quite a while as things are going so well. Bob is also reading the book by Jordon Rubin the Makers Diet, Its great.
    We are greatful for Our drs and the conventional wisdom but also believe that the Vitamins and supplements are doing so much. He has a list of them that would be a page long.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert